Your treatment or outline written as a professional screenplay. Esther Luttrell receives screen writing credit. Your credit will read "Based on an original story by -".
1. Contact Esther Luttrell for initial consultation either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (785-234-5674).
2. If you are invited to submit your material, do so and enclose a check for the amount of the consultation fee. Esther will read it and determine whether or not the material is screenplay material, and whether or not she is the writer for this particular project.
3. If your material is accepted, you will be sent a simple Deal Memo. Return it, signed, with a check for the entire amount of the writing fee.
4. You agree that once you approve the screenplay as written by Esther, you will neither add to, nor take away from, what she has written without a discussion about such changes. The final draft shall be to Esther's descretion; it's her reputation on the line.
Allow 12-15 weeks for completion of the first draft.
Rate: Consultation fee: $125
Writing fee: $3500 (if your material is accepted, the consultation fee is deducted from this amount)
Esther takes no percentages beyond this flat fee. A screenplay may sell for anywhere from $10,000 (tiny independent filmmaker project) up to a million. The average is closer to $250,000 - $750,000. Esther claims absolutely no rights to your screenplay once the final draft has been approved by you outside of the right to insist that no further changes be made to the script.
She offers unlimited email consultation for as long as it's needed, at no extra cost. These sessions cover, but are not limited to, marketing and film funding.
Your screenplay may be rough and you have no desire to learn the craft to the extent it would become a professional script, ready to be marketed.
Esther Luttrell will take your screenplay and polish it to perfection. She will retain your characters, your plot, as much of your work as possible. No major changes will ever be made without discussing it with you, the original writer, first.
Esther Luttrell will share the screenwriting credit with you, the original writer. Her name will appear under yours.
Once the screenplay is completed, and approved by you, Esther Luttrell has no further claim to any rights whatsoever, or any further compensation. She receives no percentages from grosses of any sale, or from the actual film should it get produced. She receives one flat fee for the actual job of writing your screenplay into a professional script.
1. Send Esther Luttrell your screenplay for consideration along with a check for the consultation fee.
2. If she feels it can be polished into a marketable screenplay and she accepts the assignment of writing the polish draft, you agree that her draft is final and that you will do no more writing without discussions between yourself and Esther. It's her reputation on the line; she needs to know that her work will not be added to, or taken away from, once she's completed the script.
3. If Esther accepts your script, you will be sent a simple Deal Memo stating what is being stated here. Return the signed Deal Memo with a check for the full amount of the writing fee, made out to Esther Luttrell.
This flat fee includes unlimited email consultation for so long as you need or want it. These sessions include, but are not limited to, marketing and film-funding.
Consultation fee: $125 (to be submitted with your screenplay)
*Writing fee: $750
Allow 8-12 weeks for completion.
*note: the Writing Fee will increase to $950 at the end of 2006.
Whether your book has been published by a publishing house or is self-published, if your dream is to see it turned into a professional screenplay, ready to be marketed to Hollywood, Esther Luttrell will be glad to consider helping you.
1. Contact Esther Luttrell by email (email@example.com) or phone (785-234-5674) to go over your goals with her.
2. If she invites you to submit your book, sent it to her along with the consultation fee.
3. If Esther feels your book would make a viable screenplay, and she accepts the assignment, you will be sent a simple Deal Memo reiterating what is being said here. Return it, signed, with a check for the full writing fee.
4. Esther will receive the screenwriting credit. Your credit will read "Based on a book by -"
5. Esther will NOT receive any further compensation from the sale of the screenplay or from any profits generated from the production of the film based on your book. Those funds are yours alone.
6. Esther is a work-for-hire and her total compensation is realized in her one flat fee for the writing of the screenplay.
You are entitled to unlimited email consultation for as long as you need or want it, at no further cost to you. These sessions include, but are not limited to, marketing and film-funding.
Consultation fee: $250
Writing fee: $3500 (the consultation fee may be deducated from this amount)
Allow 12-16 weeks for completion of the first draft